OCA Greater Phoenix Chapter is looking for a college intern.
OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates is a national membership-driven organization dedicated to advancing the social, political, and economic well-being of Asian Pacific Americans (APA), touching tens of thousands of individuals each year through its extensive network of over 100 chapters, affiliates, and partners from around the country.
The OCA Greater Phoenix Internship program is here to cultivate future leadership for the APA community by providing opportunities to work in community events and learn about issues affecting the APAs. Responsibilities include:
- Organizes community involvement activities and programs on a day-to-day basis to build community presence.
- Lead young adult initiatives, social media and web platforms
- Works with Board of Directors to develop and implement successful programs and projects geared towards community involvement activities that support APA community.
- Represents OCA Greater Phoenix Chapter at various community involvement functions to create and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with the surrounding communities.
The ideal candidate will have the following key competencies:
- Full-time College Undergraduate student (minimum age of 18. Seniors are eligible.)
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and individuals with a valid work visa or work permit, including those issued under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program; I601 Provisional Waivers are not accepted at this time.
- Demonstrated interest in APA issues
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and computer skills.
- Commitment to work up to 10 hours per week and be able to meet once a week in Scottsdale, AZ (flexible with intern’s school schedule)
- Ability to work well under pressure and successfully manage multiple deadlines and competing demands
- Submit resume to Sadi Chhoa at Schhoa@gmail.com. Deadline to apply is May 23, 2015.
Stipend: $500 per semester. This internship is expected to last for one year, depending on exact start date, with possibility of extension.
OCA is an IRS designated 501©(3) not-for-profit organization ~ Federal ID 23-7250499